I’m just back from lunch, which I generally eat outside. I was watching people, hopefully in a not-too-creepy way. It was interesting to observe. Most on their own, reading a device. Some reading the newspaper. Others reading a book. Many in groups having a chat and a laugh. Who do you think will be the most productive in the afternoon?
I learned some fascinating things about us humans this week. I think we can use them to LUNCH our way to be more relaxed and productive.
- Leave the building: Sunshine is good for you so use the time to get outside and connect with nature. It takes no longer than staying in.
- Unwire: Leave devices behind. I’m not explaining this one. You know already. Switch off and be mindful. Do nothing else. Recover from your morning and replenish your energy.
- Neutralise: Did you know that we are electric and we can walk barefoot – also known as grounding – to enhance our health??!
- Chill: Meditate or even just focus on your breath to relax. The benefits of meditation are many.
- Healthy options: I was about to buy my weekly treat today – a double curry with rice. Then ‘H’ made me switch to more nourishing chicken and vegetable mix. It’s not perfect but we’re all learning!
And there you have it. The no-excuse acronym to help use your breaks to replenish.
It’s not the fastest who wins, it’s the one who recovers better.